Monday, April 13, 2009

My Favorite Person

http://www.valleyoflife.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/gordon_hinckley.jpg

Gordon B. Hinckley really is one of my favorite people. I'm glad to say that at some of the most vital times in my life, he was the one who's words I could listen to. I miss him dearly, though I am glad that we have another cool prophet, Thomas S. Monson. So to better remember him, here are my favorite quotes by Pres. Hinckley, the ones that I learned and grew from (and be sure to follow the link I posted at the bottom and watch the video):




“Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.”


“Our lives are the only meaningful expression of what we believe and in Whom we believe. And the only real wealth, for any of us, lies in our faith.”


“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.”


"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."


"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort."


"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. i say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us,...if we put our trust in Him, if we pray to Him, if we live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."


"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great purpose in heart."



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmOU9trlmY

No comments:

Post a Comment